I have always been more of a fall girl, I love the crisp air and the crunchy leaves (not to mention my birthday is mid-October.) But, this year I have really been in the spring mood. After that dreadful winter I know we are all cheering in summer but there is the unappreciated spring in between.
1. With spring comes the idea of tulips and hyacinth. Spring is when the flowers and plants first begin to poke through the thawed soil and welcome green back into our lives. I have been celebrating this through my mini home garden.
2. Spring cleaning! Okay, this usually seems like a negative thing, yuck no one likes cleaning all the hard to reach corners and old smelly places but it spruces up your house so much. Finally taking the plastic off the the windows was my favorite part of spring cleaning, letting in all the fresh air. The amount of dirt I got off the place was disgustingly rewarding.
3. Another part of spring cleaning is throwing all your old junk away. (Another one of my favorites!) This year I was really focused on the dresser/closet area. I’ve been reading up on minimalism and the whole wardrobe capsule idea and really want to give it a shot. I started by just throwing away any clothes I didn’t like anymore or didn’t fit me –being very picky. Next season I’m going to start a capsule and see how it goes. Stay tuned!
4. Spring has given me a new sense of energy and re-awakened a fire inside of me for yoga. I have been up at 6 (every morning thats feasible with my class schedule) just downdogging-away, thriving on the burn in my muscles. I love the beautiful orange, pink, blue sunrises while I’m doing my yoga it seems almost symbolic of the energy and warmth as I go through my routine.
5. Finally I am super excited for Easter! Easter has always been my favorite holiday. I love finding eggs and getting chocolate bunnies. Plus I always thought dying easter eggs was way more fun than scooping the guts out of a pumpkin. This year I’m making a coconut bunny cake that I’ll be posting the recipe too next week.